I was tagged for a meme. I’m never tagged, but frequently participate if I’m out of blogfodder. But this time, I was tagged by the lovely lovely CiCi.
7 Random Facts! Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (truth be told, I’m unlikely to tag. Because many, many people have been tagged for this. And because I have very few friends.)
- I have intermittent fits of domesticity. I love to cook (frequently off-the-cuff, sometimes using a recipe as a bit of a guide), bake (frequently from a recipe, but rarely measuring things smaller than a tablespoon), knit (duh), sometimes sew, sometimes plan how to decorate a home space (but I suck at this) and have fleeting fantasies of being a farm wife. However, with an exception to the cooking and knitting, these things rarely stick longer than a week or two (rarely) or a few hours (more likely). But I really wanted to learn how to can this summer. I didn’t have time.
- I’ve reached a point where if I sleep for longer than about 7.5 hours in a row I have a blazing headache when I awake. So on weekends I frequently have blazing headaches. In fact, I sort of don’t love this Fall Back weekend because I wound up awake at 5:30 on a Sunday morning with a blazing headache because I went to bed at 10 pm last night. My grandfather on my mom’s side had a similar problem.
- I love puzzles, especially visual spatial puzzles. Jigsaw, horseshoe, 3-d puzzles. I find the solving of puzzles to be very satisfying and soothing. People hate finding giant knots in yarn, but I will spend days and days working on a single knot because it’s relaxing to see how all those threads intersect and unravel them. That being said, I’ve never had the interest to figure out a Rubik’s Cube and never fiddled with one for longer than about 30 seconds.
- I love being Catholic. I’m rarely good at it, but I love it nonetheless.
- I have never really liked Starbucks coffee. That being said, the Pumpkin Spice latte appears to have been created by Satan to be the Best Beverage Ever. Also, Starbucks coffee, which I think tastes burned, has ruined me for all other coffees now… I always think they taste funny if they’re not Starbucks. Yet somehow, the cafeteria at work has found a way to make their Starbucks coffee taste like donkey feet, so I will usually stop at Au Bon Pain for coffee in the mornings unless I suck it up and go to Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- I get the “Freeeeeeeeeeee credit report dot com!” jingle stuck in my head a TON. Crap. There it is again.
- I think I’m the funniest person, like ever. If you don’t then I will punch you in the face. See? That sounds fun! Ha ha! (I’m going to add as an addendum to this item that I’m also a giant dork, and if you like to laugh at giant dorks, I’m your gal)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I’m out!