i had a fabulous weekend which included the following:
- magical pei lo mein, butterstick herself!
- cheap vending machine glitter temporary tattoos!
- moby dick!
- buying HP7 (and having butterstick buy me HP4 which i’ve never owned but is my favorite!)
- the madness of downtown silver spring all gussied up as diagon alley (and people who think HP costume contests include dressing up as slooty witches) with a florian fortescue’s, leaky cauldron and flourish and blotts. okay that part wasn’t the most fun, but it was…er, something.
- going kayaking on the potomac again at thompson boat center. (note to self, i’m not good at sharing responsibility and tasks in a double kayak. next time, pants and i will get separate kayaks)
- getting a GOOD PEDI for the first time since i’ve been here. and! it’s cheaper than any other place i’ve gone here! and! they did such a good job…
- eating an amazingly yummy dinner at rosemary’s thyme bistro in dupont circle (be forewarned, the bartender has a heavy hand, which led to me ordering then returning an orange martini, then getting a sprite).
- watching the karate kid on DVD, purchased from the sale bin at giant.
- brunch at the diner in adams morgan.
- shopping for suits at filene’s basement.
- dairy queen
i have rekindled pomatomus, the second sock as well as cast on for elisa’s nest tote. i cast off coachella, but need to weave in ends. i don’t like it that much. booooooooo…