i’m tagging myself for the 8 random things because i want to. rules:
Here are the rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
- i love new england. it’s the part of the country that i crave like a food. i love the weather, the architecture, the people, the landscapes. i love the smells, the sights, the sounds. whether it’s central massachusetts, costal maine, or the mountains of vermont, i love it all. from about mid-july (when the summer really starts to suck, no matter where i am living), i begin to crave the smells of autumn…woodstoves, turning leaves, crisp air, the beginning of the biting winter winds.
- i love the snow. i love watching it fall, hearing the expanding silence of the landscape, watching ernie gambol like a goat in it. that being said, i loathe driving in it – especially when i lived in colorado with rear wheel drive and would fishtail all over the place.
- last night pants and i were discussing nerdy stuff like matriarchal passage of culture and cultural identification with the maternal side. although i’m equally irish and filipino, i identify much more strongly with my maternal (the irish) side. however my two go-to comfort foods are filipino.
- my left armpit gets stinkier than my right. just thought you’d want to know.
- i don’t mind clutter. i can live in clutter. i do prefer it to be tidy, but the clutter doesn’t bother me, and i tend to let it slide in that direction. that being said, i’m totally skeeved out by unclean sinks (kitchen or bathroom), toilets, and showers. my shower in denver was revolting because of its construction and was never fully clean and i thought it was uber-disgusting. but i had to shower in it because i lived there for 2.5 years, and um, read #4.
- i am afraid of roaches and crickets. like, barf at the sight of them afraid. and there are tons of crickets in my neighborhood. once, i made the pants kill a cricket (okay, i make him kill all the crickets. if he’s not there, i live in oblivion and pretend they’re not in the house and make him kill them once he IS there), and before he could, ernie licked the cricket which made him too soggy to leap erratically and therefore much easier to kill. ernie is gross. but awesome.
- i am getting weenier as i get older. the idea of rollercoasters sounds painful and more excitement (a.k.a. fear) than it’s worth. especially the waiting in line. extra especially if it’s the waiting in line for 5 hours for viper like we did when it first opened like 18 years ago.
- santa fe is the one place that could possibly ever make me give up my adoration of new england.