[the scene – supertarget. heatherfeather approaches a cashier in the express lane with a single bottle of weed killer]
- cashier: did you find everything you needed?
- heatherfeather: yes. thank you.
- cashier: that’s $3.77. do you want to sign up for a targetcard and get 10% off your purchase today?
- heatherfeather: [looks at him for about 15 seconds to see if he’s kidding] no, thanks.
- cashier: oh. but you could save nearly 38 cents.
- heatherfeather: so 37 cents?
- cashier: yeah, i guess you shouldn’t do this on a purchase where you’d actually get less than 10%. or save anything less than a fiver.