you may remember that i knitted the camisole tube in about 5 days in cottontots and frogged it because it was WAY too big.
then i reknitted it in size XS to make up for the gauge disparity between the cottontots and the recommended yarn (some viscose blend), but took pictures before i knit the ribbing on the bottom.
here’s the picture of the ribbing on the bottom:
when trying it on, i realized that knitting the ribbing around the waistband on size 3 needles (as i did the top ribbing) was folly in 100% cotton (read: entirely nonelastic) when it’s supposed to fit around my hips, which are precisely the same in diameter as my bust, and the bust was snug with short rows. in other words, it didn’t fit.
so i frogged the ribbing and reknit it on size 6 needles so that it would fit. i didn’t get any pictures i really liked of it on (some are unforgiving of my middle chub) but i was sick of trying to get pictures and running late to meet pei lo mein last night so here they are.
- pattern: glampyre’s tubular camisole
- yarn: bernat’s cottontots in lovely lilac, about 2.5 skeins
- needles: addi natura 40″ in sizes 3 (top ribbing), 6 (bottom ribbing), and 7 (center). and the yellow crochet hook i had hanging around that i’ve since lost and have no idea what size it is.
- started: this version, in the wee sma’s of 4/23/06
- finished: 4/24/06, then frogged the ribbing on 4/27/06 and refinished on 4/29/06
- mods: wrong yarn, wrong fiber caused me to use the pattern but go with wacky calculations and different needle uses, double crochet chain for straps.
- notes: Love. It. i wore it last night i’ll wear it again. it needs some washing/blocking what with all of the mishandling of the yarn and all, but it will appear frequently this summer, i am sure.