so, it may seem that i finished 2 WIPs within 24 hours. that’s true, but misleading.
see, i started the DNA hat (aka, “knitted protuberances hat”) in november. strike that, i started this version of the knitted protuberances hat in november. i started one in october that didn’t work out so well.
anyhow, this languished in my highly disorganized stash basket until a few days ago when i did a few rows.
today, i bit the bullet and finished it. i’ve been highly uncomfortable with the sheer number of WIPs i have going on – i get nervous over 2, and i’ve had 4 going.
now i have one, because the DNA hat is done.
here it is before seaming and blocking:
and here it is on my head, protubering (still unblocked):
it’s hard to capture the color of this hat…. it’s called dolcetto lime. but i get ahead of myself.
- pattern: sorta slapdash. but it had june oshiro’s dna cable pattern up the middle
- needles: susan bates #9 clear blue acrylic straight needles (they have a festive name, i can’t remember what it is now)
- yarn: sensations bellezza collection dolcetto wool/cotton/nylon blend in dolcetto lime
- started: sometime in november
- finished: 1/11/06
- for: me, unless i meet a geneticist with a sense of humor and a cold head