in its insanely unblocked glory and entirely unflattering angle, we have my sister’s christmas present.
which i determined would arrive before her birthday next thursday.
which means i still have to solve the blocking problem before, say, tuesday for mailing purposes (i.e. having nowhere to block a shawl)
- pattern: all-over lace faroese shawl
- needles: addi turbo #7, 40″ (never again for lace – like knitting with fists instead of needles)
- yarn: knitpicks palette in petal
- started: 12/19/05
- finished: 1/11/06 (10 day hiatus while waiting for more yarn)
- mods: instead of finishing with 12 rows of garter stitch, i finished with 6 rows. mostly because i was sick of knitting this damn shawl.
- misc.: spending 70 minutes binding off seemed unnecessary.