yaymee has recently brought to my attention that i haven’t been as interesting as usual lately. for that, i do apologize.
this spate of boringhood is because:
a) i’m insanely busy with school and sitting on infants
b) i’ve had my brain eaten by worms that suck the interestingness right out of me
c) your mama is boring (not yaymee’s mama, she’s actually quite cool, and i just felt like throwing in a your mama joke, weak as it was)
in updates about what’s actually going on, i say unto you:
- political theory makes me want to cry and throw things and live in a medically induced coma until this class is finished
- i dig the baby upon whom i sit
- i missed my dog when i was gone
- but i forsee a time in the not-so-distant future when i will need to find a better home for him than i would be able to provide should i move to nyc, dc, or europe when i get a job after graduation
- this makes me sad and somewhat relieved
- because going to new york this summer taught me i could leave him and both of us would be okay and i would have more time for myself if i didn’t have a pet
- i became a single parent (to the dog) too young (22 years old)
- i’m graduating in june and i’m SO excited about that
- i really like school but am chomping at the bit to be finished
- i missed some things about denver (like my friendies and the weather), but i know that i would be happier living and working somewhere else
- i anticipate a time in the sooner rather than later future when i will have to give up blogging
- and delete my blog(s)
- that makes me sad because it’s fun and i have encountered really interesting/fun/weird/joy-inducing/all-in-all lovely people
- and it’s really nice to have a forum to talk about myself because i didn’t do that enough, and was far too outwardly directed in every way
- it frightens me a little that i have found a career field that i am this interested in
- i am currently putting off writing cover letters, updating resumes, and applying for jobs and fellowships
- but all of my deadlines are at the end of this week or the beginning of next, so i’d better get back to it.
synopsis: sorry i’m being boring, them’s the breaks. i’m busy and happy and scared and excited and sad.