so i started a knitting blog about a week ago and promptly deleted it because i barely have time to blog anymore. anyhow, this is el booholderadero:
and jess wanted to know whether i’d posted my modifications. (i hadn’t) and so now seems like the time to do just that! just for you, jess!
i pretty much stuck to the pattern, used (gasp!) caron simply soft in white (whole thing cost $2!). i started off with the 50 CO stitches, and when i got to the raglan increases, i did YO instead of picking up stitches (which makes the holeys along the raglans). i also skipped most of the sleeve increases, although i did put 7 stitches into each sleeve a little bit after where it called the first set of increases in the pattern since i didn’t care for the poofiness myself. i skipped the decreases entirely
once i got the sleeves to the length i liked, (cap length, but before they were quite big enough to go around my arms) i stopped the raglan increases sooner and continued with the body as described below. then i added some stitches to the circumference of the sleeves as i was doing the garter stitch, of which i only did 4 rows so it would be half the width of the garter on the neckline and the bottom.
when i arrived at about 4 inches from the bottom, i skipped to the directions for “the busty gals.” i pretty much followed them, but realized that because of the stitches i wouldn’t be able to make this pattern: